Chronic pain is difficult to treat clinically and yet, if you have chronic pain, addressing it as soon as possible is crucial, ideally using a method that has no toxic side effects.
Unless your pain cycle can be broken, recovery from the original trauma may be impossible because your body gets stuck in the Chronic Stress response, handicapping the healing process.
Depending on its severity and location, numerous therapies are available for dealing with pain.
- Cold and hot applications
- Energetic therapies like biofeedback, breathwork, hypnosis, and Reiki
- Exercise regimens designed to strengthen injured areas
- Far Infrared Heat
- Over-the-counter products like ibuprofen or acetaminophen (for short-term use only)
- Physical therapies such as whirlpools and thermal treatments
- Prescription drugs such as hydrocodone (Vicodin) or prednisone (as a last resort or when the pain is absolutely unbearable)
- Rest and relaxation